DOI: Observational studies have shown that both phylloquinone and menaquinone intake might reduce cardiovascular disease CVD risk.
Síntomas de la Diabetes Mellitus
However, the effect of vitamin K on vascular calcification is unknown. Objectives: The aim of this study was to assess if menaquinone supplementation, compared to placebo, decreases vascular calcification in people with type 2 diabetes and known CVD. Femoral arterial calcification at baseline and 6 mo was measured with 18sodium fluoride positron emission tomography 18F-NaF PET scans as target-to-background ratios TBRsa promising technique to detect active calcification.
Calcification mass on conventional computed tomography CT scan was measured as secondary outcome.
Dephosphorylated-uncarboxylated matrix Gla protein dp-ucMGP concentrations were measured to assess compliance. Linear regression analyses were performed with either TBR or CT calcification at follow-up as the dependent variable, and treatment and baseline TBR or CT calcification as independent variables.
Results: We randomly assigned 35 patients to the MK-7 group 33 completed follow-up and 33 to the placebo group 27 completed follow-up. Log-transformed CT calcification mass did not increase in the intervention group compared with placebo 0.
MK-7 supplementation significantly reduced dp-ucMGP compared with placebo No adverse events were reported. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials. Keywords: cardiovascular disease; diabetes; menaquinone-7; vascular calcification; vitamin K.
Copyright © American Society for Nutrition Publication types.
- Contributions to psychotropic drug developement with special reference to carbamazepine Janos Rado 1.
- INHN: Contributions to psychotropic drug developement with special reference to carbamazepine
- Сидя в кресле, Николь посмотрела вдаль.
- [Glycated hemoglobin as an option in screening for metabolic syndrome]
- Eastern medicine sugar diake kezelés
- Между тем к исходу третьего дня сидения пища начала заканчиваться.